We aim to provide the best possible service to our patients and hope you will feel that we achieve our aim.
The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the primary health care team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other's needs and co-operation between us.
Our responsibility to you
- You will be greeted courteously.
- You have the right to confidentiality.
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law.
- You will be seen the same day if your problem is urgent.
- You will be seen by your own doctor whenever possible.
- You will be informed if there will be a delay of more than 30 minutes for your appointment.
- You will be referred to a consultant when your GP thinks it necessary.
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly.
Your responsibility to us
- Please treat all surgery staff with due respect - we are all just doing our job.
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself.
- Tell us of any change of name or address, so that our records are accurate.
- Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate. Home visits should only be requested if you are really too ill to attend surgery, and night visits should be for emergencies only - the doctor on call will be at work as usual the next day.
- Please cancel your appointment ASAP if you are unable to attend.
- Please be punctual, but please be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed by an unexpected emergency.
- Please allow sufficient time for your consultant's letter or test results to reach us.
- You will be advised of the usual length of time to wait.
- Please attend for your repeat prescription review, when asked, before your next prescription is due.
- Do let us know whenever you feel we have not met our responsibility to you.
- We would, of course, also be pleased to hear when you feel praise is due.